Determine Your True Interests. All of us at some point get thrown off track by the desires and expectations of others for instance, our parents, teachers, coaches or friends.
One day you wake up and realize you're not living the life you want and wonder how you got there. Maybe you're busy pursuing a six-figure income when you'd rather be building a mission in an inner city. Or, you're being a wallflower in your own life so you won't offend your spouse or friends with your talents and how far you could go.
Without being true to yourself, you'll continue to find it difficult to be inspired and to achieve any measure of success as you define it. If you have trouble figuring out what your true interests are, consulting with a Los Angeles psychotherapist and taking various types of psychological testing, such as occupational tests, can be beneficial.
- Blend Your Work and Life Pursuits with Your True Interests. Once youve figured out what your true interests are or, once you've finally accepted them don't keep them on the backburner. Incorporate them into your life every single day. One way to do this is to find a job that aligns with your true interests and goals. Alternatively, volunteering or starting a business, even a part-time one, in the field will keep the flames of inspiration burning for you.
- Keep Potent Reminders Present. Just like writing down goals can help you reach them; writing down what inspires you can also enable you to stay inspired. To make your inspiration reminders even more powerful, use different media it doesn't all have to be in words. Use images, videos, sound recordings and anything you can think of to never lose sight of your inspiration.
- Seek out Birds of a Feather. Living an inspired life can be very challenging when you're surrounded by others, such as family, friends or co-workers who aren't living inspired lives themselves. Seek out a mentor or social network that you can relate to, and just as importantly, learn from. These people should inspire you and embody the goals you have for your own life. Even seeking psychotherapy in Los Angeles or speaking with a Los Angeles life coach can be beneficial for getting that extra dose of inspiration you need to finally achieve what you want out of life.
- When was the last time I felt truly inspired?
- What made me feel this way and how can I recreate that feeling today?